Friday, June 15, 2012

They Just Keep Coming!

Okrah - based on Gabriel Black

The third and fourth entry for the Character Contest were posted yesterday on the Corn Ladyman Facebook Page. Each entry will continue to be posted on the blog as well as the page. What's the difference? You'll be able to read more in depth on who the character is and what ideas I have in store for them.

 Let's begin with Okrah - This was one I had a lot of fun coming up with. I was given the answers of elephant and okra as some of Gabriel Black's favorites and it left me stumped. Of course, my brain found a way to put elephants and okras together! The next thing to throw me off was the desired ability to be an animorph. Thanks to graveyard shifts I had ALL night to try and apply it some way. I considered having Ancients inhabit Corn's world, Talitha and my imagination soared. I won't say too much, but Okrah has many tricks up his sleeve being a wise and quite frankly extremely old elephant. Animal forming hands is just one of them! 




Ornito Rince - based on Andrew Collins
This next character was made in less than a couple hours. Andrew Collins had the opportunity to be in the room with me to give me his answers and from there the brain storming ensued. Platypus and asparagus were two of his favorites and I was automatically drawn to the idea of a platypus character. Bone Manipulation was an ability I had considered previous to the contest, but thought it a little much, that is until we got curious enough to look up "platypus skeleton" on Google. That one search solidified my choice to go with the platypus and yet again my imagination went into over drive. The picture you see to your left is more or less a "Before" picture and the "After" will just have to wait. You should be able tell from his costume that he has the potential to be a member of "The Countless". Ornito Rinco has the potential to be a very menacing foe. 





Remember once twenty (20) people have been drawn then the voting will begin for a GUARANTEED role in the Corn Ladyman Series. Currently there are 7 spots left! Read recent posts on the Corn Ladyman Page to find out what you need to do to be one of those 7!





No comments: