| Concept Art for Shilo |
It only took a few minutes after hanging it up for me to start doodling. The photo on the right is the concept art for Shilo, starting with the simplistic figure on the left and evolving into the one to its right. Thanks to the white board I was able to save some paper and it allowed for easier clean up.
| Shilo: based on Garrett Despain's favorites. |
| Panarthropoda: inspired by KC Harris |
Panarthropoda is based on an existing character that I have, but with a twist to how the character might look in a more humanistic portrayal. While KC's answers were: lion and oranges. I just had to look the two of them up on Google under the same search and I'm glad I did. If you type in "oranges and lions" you'll soon discover that a majority of the photos on Google Images are of Chinese lion costumes. Once I pulled a few for reference what I was going to do became that much more clear. In addition to orange lions the idea behind the original character led me to more of a tiki mask - mannequin type of look and to your right is what I came up with.
Reminder: THERE ARE ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT TO BE ONE OF THE TWENTY DRAWINGS! CHOP CHOP!
No comments:
Post a Comment